Discount codes can be used to apply the discount to selected products at the checkout. If you want to apply the discount to the whole cart, you can upload coupons.
For example, if you want the discount to be applied exclusively to adult tickets (but not children one).
1. Discount vouchers can be uploaded via Codes within the Venue section. Go to the Vouchers tab and click on the Choose a file button below.
Vouchers should be stored in a CSV formatted file. Here are the guidelines for making a csv file:
- Fields should be separated by a comma
- Every record should be stored in a separate line
- The first line of the file, must be a header line with a list of column names in the file
- Make sure the header list is delimited the same way as the rest of the file
- Make sure your file is encoded in UTF-8 format
The header line must have these columns:
code, valid_from, valid_to, percentage_reduction, flat_reduction, article_id, unlimited,
amount, remainder_usable, validity_period_from, validity_period_to
Can be any combination of numbers and letters of at least 4 characters
valid_from in YYYY-MM-DD format
valid_to in YYYY-MM-DD format
percentage_reduction number without the % sign as in 50 = 50%, 100 = 100%
flat_reduction number without a currency and please use a point for fractions
article_id list of product ID's separated by | (pipe)
unlimited Unlimited by putting a 1 if this is true or 0 if this is false.
amount This parameter indicates the number of articles to which the code applies. The number of articles depends on the articles identified in the article_id field. For example, if you have added 1 product ID in
article_id and the
amount is set to 1, the discount will be applied to the selected product. However, if you have added 5 product IDs in
article_id and the
amount is still 1, the discount will be applied to all 5 products.
remainder_usable Put a 1 if you want the remainder of the voucher to be usable and a 0 if it should not be usable. The new remainder voucher will be part of the ticket download.
Be aware: To enable remainder_usable, the voucher must be limited-use and can not be unlimited. Additionally, remainder_usable only works with flat reductions and not with percentage reductions.
validity_period_from in YYYY-MM-DD format, defines restriction based on the visit date
validity_period_to in YYYY-MM-DD format, defines restriction based on the visit date.
If a voucher code can be used for multiple products, separate the IDs with a pipe.
Make sure that there are no duplicate codes in your file, as this will result in an error. In order to avoid this, we strongly suggest that you run a quick check by using the 'remove duplicates' function in Google Sheets. Simply go to 'Data' on the top menu and then find 'remove duplicates'.
Do not mix currencies in a file. For us, the flat_reduction is in the default currency. If your default currency is Euro, 10 will be 10 Euro. 2.5 will be 2,50 euro.
We can validate multiple article IDs for the one barcode. Therefore, you can include your product IDs as 2035|2036.
You can find the corresponding product IDs from “I already have tickets” or “I already have season pass” flows in the same section.
To clarify, here is an example of a file:
In this example, the voucher has the code POSTOPENINGFIESTA, is valid from the 01. of May till the 31. of May, has a 15% percentage reduction and no flat reduction on the article with the ID 2091, can be used for an unlimited amount of times and its remainder is not usable.
In case you have different locations set up with Convious please submit us 1 file per venue and put the venue name in the file name.
NOTE: we are recommending you to use Google Sheets for this purpose. If you still would like to use Excel, note that it can choose a separator based on the locale.
If you are using Excel anyway, we found comprehensive instructions for Windows users to follow in this case:
- Make sure Excel is closed
- Open Control Panel on your Windows computer!
- This can be done by hitting win+r and writing “Control Panel” in the Run-window
- Select the Region
- Click the Additional Settings
- Find the List separator and change it to a comma (“,”).
- Click OK -> OK -> exit Control Panel
- Open the Excel file you want to export to a comma-delimited file
- Select File, Save As
- Change the ‘Save as type’ to ‘CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)’
- Change the name and file extension if you want, by default stays as csv even though a different delimiter
- Click Save -> OK -> Yes
2. Once you chose the correct file to upload from your computer your then uploaded file will appear in the list of files and will be marked as Successfully processed. If it’s pending for more than a minute, try refreshing the page.
Wondering what happens