Coupons can be used to apply the discount to the entire order. If you want to apply the discount for specific products, check our Discount Voucher manual.
For example, if you want to apply a 10% discount off the entire order.
Coupons can be uploaded in the Codes section in the menu. Go to the Coupons tab and click on the choose a file button below.
1. Discount vouchers can be uploaded via Codes within the left-hand side menu. Go to the Coupons tab and click on the choose a file button below.
Coupons should be stored in a CSV formatted file. Here are the guidelines for making a csv file:
- Fields should be separated by a comma
- Every record should be stored in a separate line
- The first line of the file, must be a header line with a list of column names in the file
- Make sure the header list is delimited the same way as the rest of the file
- Make sure your file is encoded in UTF-8 format
The header line must have these columns:
name, code, valid_from, valid_to, percentage_reduction, flat_reduction, reseller, max_uses, remainder_usable, validity_period_from, validity_period_to
name Can be the same as code.
code Can be any combination of numbers and letters of at least 4 characters.
Coupons are case sensitive.
valid_from Has to be in YYYY-MM-DD format
valid_to Has to be in YYYY-MM-DD format
percentage_reduction number without % sign (50 = 50%, 100 = 100%)
flat_reduction number without a currency. We will use your default currency.
Use a point for fractions.
reseller Can be left empty.
max_uses Max redemptions attempts allowed, leave empty or put 0 for unlimited.
remainder_usable Put a 1 if you want the remainder of the voucher to be usable and a 0 if it should not be usable. This means if a customer uses 100 euro coupon to purchase 60 euros worth of tickets, a new 40 euro coupon will be generated. The new remainder coupon will be part of the ticket download. Be aware: To enable this, coupons must be limited-use.
validity_period_from in YYYY-MM-DD format, defines restriction based on the visit date
validity_period_to in YYYY-MM-DD format, defines restriction based on the visit date.
! Do not mix currencies in a file. For us the flat_reduction is in the default currency. If your default currency is Euro, 10 will be 10 Euro. 2.5 will be 2,50 euro.
To clarify, here is an example of file:
In this example the reduction for the Reopening 2021 campaign includes the code POSTOPENINGFIESTA is valid from the 01. of May till the 31. of May, has no percentage reduction but a flat reduction 15 Euro and is not applicable for resellers. It can be used twice and if not used entirely, its remainder will also be reusable.
In case you have different locations set up with Convious please submit us 1 file per venue and put the venue name in the file name.
NOTE: we are recommending you to use Google Sheets for this purpose. If you still would like to use Excel, please note that the separator, in this case, the comma, is based on the locale/region that your device is set up in and, thus, may be different.
If you are using excel, we found comprehensive instructions for windows users to follow in this case:
- Make sure Excel is closed
- Open Control Panel*on your windows computer!
- This can be done by hitting win+r and writing “Control Panel” in the Run-window
- Select Region
- Click the Additional Settings
- Find the List separator and change it to a comma (“,”).
- Click OK -> OK -> exit Control Panel
- Open the Excel file you want to export to a comma delimited file
- Select File, Save As
- Change the ‘Save as type’ to ‘CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv)’
- Change the name and file extension if you want, by default stays as csv even though a different delimiter
- Click Save -> OK -> Yes
2. Once you chose the correct file to upload from your computer your then uploaded file will appear in the list of files and will be marked as Successfully processed. If it’s pending for more than a minute, try refreshing the page.
Uploaded the wrong file? You can now always delete your previously uploaded files via the trash icon.
You might also be interested in: