A bug is a problem causing the software to crash or produce invalid values. Bugs can happen in any software, also Convious. If you have found a bug in your checkout, please report it to us immediately.
This is how to report a bug
To report a bug, please submit THIS FORM.
You can also find this form within your control panel by navigating to the bottom of the left-hand side main menu bar.
Here are the steps to guide you through the form and successfully submit the bug you found:
1. Enter your name and email address
2. Select the bug category - where did you find it?
Let us know which element of your Convious platform is broken
[example]: Dashboard issue
3. Next, you will have to explain the problem to us
The better you can describe the problem, the more effective we can be when responding to the issue.
Thus, it is important you do this as detailed as possible. Explain what you were expecting and what you got instead. Please, describe it as much as possible, including what you selected, and at which point of your desired flow you found the bug.
We recommend you include the points below in your explanation:
- Define the problem
Tell us what the problem is exactly.
[example]: Reports in the dashboard disappear after clicking on the pie chart
- Mention the web browser and OS you’re using
You can check these details here. Simply copy the setup details ('user agent string') and paste in the submit form.
[example]: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36
- Include a detailed description of how you discovered or encountered the bug
Give as many details as you can by letting us know which steps you took before discovering the bug.
[example]: I opened the Revenue Report in the dashboard. Then I clicked on the Revenue per device pie chart to check the mobile revenue. When clicking, the whole pie chart disappeared, and I had to reload the report page to see it again.
- Include your expectations for the correct result
[example]: My expectation after clicking on the pie chart was to see the selected value of revenue generated on mobile. I don’t think the pie chart should’ve disappeared.
- Attach screenshots (always!)
Even if you don't' think it requires it, send a screenshot just in case. This will help us get a better idea of what you're referring to exactly. If you have the means to take a screen recording of a bug, even better!
Screenshot of the report page before the pie chart disappeared
Screenshot of the report page after the pie chart disappeared
Screen recording of the disappearing pie chart
4. Once you have all details gathered, hit Submit and done!
What to do when it’s not a bug?
If you see a weird performance while using your Control Panel or within the Checkout shown on your site, and you didn't receive any message from us announcing widespread problems, then it's likely that the problem is specific to your computer. Here’s a list of things you can do to fix it.
Troubleshooting Browser Issues:
2. Test Convious in an incognito (private) window
3. Test Convious in a different browser
4. Check (and update) your browser version
5. Try a different WiFi network or switch to mobile data
7. Report a bug
Troubleshooting Computer Issues:
- Check your anti-virus software to see if it could be interfering with Convious.
- Check any firewalls you may have
- Check your ISP status for any service-related issues.
Running into different issues? Here are some more resources on how to trouble shoot technical issues:
The checkout doesn’t show
The checkout crashes after selecting tickets
No content in the checkout
Tickets are not available in the checkout