Why is this important?
Vouchers and Coupons are crucial tools that help you attract and retain customers. Knowing how to make them effective immediately will help you to ensure your special offers are always ready when you need them. Imagine you have a new marketing campaign that allows a very special group of your fans to buy tickets with a small discount - by knowing how to upload the codes you want to use, you can put your new strategy into effect immediately and start selling!
Click here to read the detailed up-to-date article and view all file templates on how to upload voucher codes & coupon codes
See how your voucher campaigns are performing with your Discount Code Report.
Time to practice
Since most work of uploading your voucher or coupon files is formatting your file, you should start with practicing by looking at the template and carefully creating your own file. We can offer you to have a Convious employee look over your very first file before uploading it to double-check whether you formatted it correctly. To do so, please send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org, including
Check file formatting
- A short description, including the file type (voucher, coupon or reservation codes) and one line (or code) explained to demonstrate the application rules you aim to achieve.
- Do you know what columns you need in your file to have it formatted correctly?
- Do you know what each of these columns stands for?
- Are you aware of all guidelines for making a CSV file?
- Do you know where to upload them in your Control Panel?
Not sure if you got them all right? Check your answers.
Check yourself answer sheet
Do you know what columns you need in your file to have it formatted correctly?
code, valid_from, valid_to, percentage_reduction, flat_reduction, article_id, unlimited,
Do you know what each of these columns stands for?
codeCan be any combination of numbers and letters of at least 4 characters
valid_fromin YYYY-MM-DD format
valid_toin YYYY-MM-DD format
percentage_reduction numberwithout the % sign as in 50 = 50%, 100 = 100%
flat_reduction numberwithout a currency and please use a point for fractions
article_idlist of product IDsseparated by | (pipe)
unlimitedUnlimited by putting a 1 if this is true or 0 if this is false
amountThis indicates to how many articles the code can be applied in the cart. For example, if you have 5 articles in the cart but the amount is 1, only one of the articles will be discounted. For unlimited (all) articles in the cart, you can write 99.
Are you aware of all guidelines for making a CSV file?
- Fields should be separated by a comma
- Every record should be stored in a separate line
- The first line of the file, must be a header line with a list of column names in the file
- Make sure the header list is delimited the same way as the rest of the file
- Make sure your file is encoded in UTF-8 format
Do you know where to upload them in your Control Panel?